17 October 2011

September Sunshine

I love September.
(Yes I know it is now October!)
Quiet days at home.
The low sun.
Once all the housework is done, well most of ! ha ha
I can relax and do what I enjoy.
A little painting.


With Lawrence on TV IPlayer,
I love watching him.....just love his voice.
Candles are lit.
 My little oasis of calm is created.

 I can get so much enjoyment from a little makeover.
Especially since finding these Chalk Paints which make it all too easy to do.


An old basket, a bamboo and wicker table were given a coat of Paris Grey.
And then waxed and buffed up to seal the Chalk Paint.

As it dries so quickly I was able to display my work the same day.
Which is just how I like it, instant.


 Even an old terracotta pot got a quick coat.


 Next makeover will be this Settle in my Family Room.
I like the colour but it is time for a change I think.



Bye for now.
Have a wonderful week.
Carol
x

8 comments:

Pondside said...

You've been busy.
I've read a lot, lately, about the chalk paints and wonder how I'd like them. I don't even know if they're sold on the Island, so will do a little research before my next trip to the mainland.
Nice to see your post pop up!

bellaboo said...

Lovely makeovers,and lovely pieces too.I like fast results! Have a great week. :0)

Pipany said...

Are they Annie Sloan paints Carol? I hear such good things about them that I am desperate to give them a go. x

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol,thankyou so much for joining my blog. I ve been following yours for quite a while now and love your home,I think I' ve told you that before :) but it is gorgeous.I love your make overs too.hope you have a great week,love julie.xx

Country Style Living said...

Lovely makeovers! Those paints do make them so much fun, don't they.....

Sal said...

Love the colours! I've heard that those paints are brilliant! Hope all is well with you and yours.
;-)x

LoloDesigns said...

Hi Carol, I clearly am not up with the times as have not heard of these chalk paints! With numerous things to updo in this house I need to go find myself some ;o). Keep well. Lolo xx

OhSoVintage said...

I always enjoy looking at your posts and enlarging the photos so I can see more of your lovely home. I assume this is Annie Sloan paint. I'd not heard of it until my cousin went to stay with her in France for her birthday in the summer. I can see the 3 patisserie tins you bought from me on the wall too!
Ruth x