26 October 2010

October Time

Half Term again so we planned a day out for the boys.
A picnic, a steam train ride and a castle.....
What more could four little boys want!


The train was on time.

Freddie and Rocco did just what little boys do lots of,
 while we tried to stay calm and collected.


Just to be out in the fresh air was good.
So good.
Bodium Castle was a great place to let the boys have a little freedom without us having to worry about anything being knocked over or any attendant having their nerves put to the test!




The moat was full of amazing big fish.
 Nanny these are Carp, Freddie advised us.
Bribery is the name of this game on a day liek this.


Fin is a very happy chappy, just so long as Mum's boob is close by!
God help me when she returns to work.


And moving on from a great family day out to back home.
 I can tell you the Barn is nearly done. The Cedar Shingles have been laid on the roof by my very clever hubby, so we are water tight.....fingers crossed.
And if not I will be allowing the shabby chic look to rein supreme.


I am not happy to be swapping the summer 
 wardrobe over for the winter one, but it has to be done.
The best way round this on a horrible dull wet morning is to light my votive's,  tune into a soothing radio station and get on with it.
So with stuffed vacuum bags retrieved from the loft
 I took out all my winter woollies and re-stuffed the bags with the summer attire.


Will I ever loose this thing I have for twinkle lighting?




Oh and I am re-decorating the hall and landing.....in stages.....
slow stages to keep it achievable with the least possible stress.....stress being far too common place these days!
Or is it my just Age?


Anyway as I have said before I am sure, it is the little touches we make around us that can turn a chore into something to enjoy, even if only a little bit.
Food for the eye is so soothing for the soul.

Katie and I have been busy, one day at her house decorating together, then one day at mine, with babies in tow. And you know what that means.
Fin's room is almost finished, just like my hall stairs and landing.
Maybe this could be a new 'thing' rather like book clubs and knitting clubs.
Instead of reading or knitting together, decorate together!
Much more fun and it gets it done!!!
Well I guess this is it for now, as blogger is not letting me load any more images up.
So tired now, I am off to bed.
I will dream of nice things just like Katherine does.
Have a good week all...
C
X

17 comments:

Lisa said...

Look at all those gorgeous happy boys!
Yes the winter woolies are called for now and I hope you always love twinkly lights!
Lisa x

bellaboo said...

Bodiam castle is just how a little boy imagines a real castle to be!
As always,love all the images on your post.That's the one thing I love about this time of the year..getting all 'twinkly'! :o)

Simone said...

Lovely post. Lovely pictures Carol. I wish I lived in your beautiful house. Mine looks like a jumble sale! Fancy decorating my house!!! x

Sal said...

Makes me wish my children were little again!
Have fun with the decorating! ;-) x

MelMel said...

Hello lovely lady!
I loved your post today, so warm and very twinkly!
How gorgeous is that little bedroom????
I LOVE the CK wallpaper....totally yummy!
Sweet dreams will be guaranteed in a room as cosy as that!
Love Melxxx

charl said...

lovely piccies as usual!!
i love the babys bedroom..looks so soothing but bright and cheery without being garish to!!
love all your candles.. they do make you feel less down about the winter months dont they when you feel all cosy and snug..

Rosie said...

Bodiam Castle is a lovely place for children. Love the photo's. What beautiful homes you just have. :)

Pondside said...

Lucky you to have the boys close enough for a day out. Ours will be her in mid-December for the Christmas season - can't wait!
I love your idea for decorating parties. The first one's at my house!

Deanna said...

Your home is a dream...such lovely photos! I love the decor you chose for your home.

Deanna :D

Fairytale Fashions said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fairytale Fashions said...

I too just love your house. We are also having our hall, stairs etc redecorated and would love to do this in some neutral shades just like your house. Would you mind sharing the F&B colours you use for the walls and raditator covers and also what brand of oak wood flooring you have in your house.
I can't wait to see what you are doing with the barn.....I really look forward to your posts.
Karen

Fairytale Fashions said...

I too just love your house. We are also having our hall, stairs etc redecorated and would love to do this in some neutral shades just like your house. Would you mind sharing the F&B colours you use for the walls and raditator covers and also what brand of oak wood flooring you have in your house.
I can't wait to see what you are doing with the barn.....I really look forward to your posts.
Karen

Anonymous said...

I too just love your house. We are also having our hall, stairs etc redecorated and would love to do this in some neutral shades just like your house. Would you mind sharing the F&B colours you use for the walls and raditator covers and also what brand of oak wood flooring you have in your house.
I can't wait to see what you are doing with the barn.....I really look forward to your posts.
Karen

Fairytale Fashions said...

I too just love your house. We are also having our hall, stairs etc redecorated and would love to do this in some neutral shades just like your house. Would you mind sharing the F&B colours you use for the walls and raditator covers and also what brand of oak wood flooring you have in your house.
I can't wait to see what you are doing with the barn.....I really look forward to your posts.
Karen

elsy said...

lovely post carol......arent those little chaps wonderful!

OhSoVintage said...

What a wonderful day with the grandsons. Thankyou for your comments about my hallway; I was very flattered as your house is just so gorgeous and I always look at your photos and wish mine looked like that! I will try the Little Green Paint company too.
Ruth x

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

It looks like you've all been having a great time!

Victoria xx