08 October 2007

A Peak Inside My Home









Up at last, my new lounge curtains made in natural linen with Cabbages & Roses raspberry linen contrast. I really did enjoy making these, even more than normal as I did not want to line then.


No pensil pleats, just gathering tape for a really soft finish - Shabby Chic my favorite look. I have painted the lounge in Farrow & Ball Borrowed Light.




Rare Material....Rose Bloom

Purchased on Ebay.


My first attempt at making a lampshade! Very easy it was too.


The great thing about these lampshades is that you can wash them and it is easy to have a change of colour for Christmas.I uses the old fashioned gathering tape for the top.







The old washing tongs belonged to my mum. Wash day was on a Monday, Mum used a twin tub and put small blocks of Fairy soap into the washing side of the twin tub to help the soap powder! She then dragged the wet washing across to the other tub to spin out the soapy water using these tongs as the water was very hot. The new 'Vintage' looking garden fork and spade are for show only as is the Chinese brush.


Kitchen units are painted in Farrow& Ball Off White and the walls in Farrow & Ball White Tie.



It does so much more than cook this old Aga.


It warms the house, which in England is a good thing for most of the year. It does Ironing! Just fold neatly and pile on top of the simmering lid and jobs done - great for tea towels and the little clothes that belong to my grandsons. Dries herbs, fruit and flowers. Makes sun-dried tomatoes Dries kingling for the fire and wet shoes. I could go on.........Keeps dogs happy too!


The Changing Seasons





From my kitchen window the greens are now turning red and add a lovley glow to the garden even on a grey day. I have planted too many trees in my garden but just could not stop myself as I love the shade they bring.


The Acers are rooted in the ground now. We had to put a fence around the main garden to keep the grandchildren away from the pond, but acually, I like the fence and it keeps the dogs off of the lawn as well, so my lovely boarder plants are now thriving and have no scortch marks either!



Happy Lights Above My
Head !
I love these lights from The White Company. They really do wonders for me, they bring cheer into the room.............sort of like Christmas lights do. Wicker Hearts and Lavender filled bags, the special little touches............that we girlies bring!

No comments: